Sunday, February 18, 2007

Hilda Hilst: Alcoólicas (I)

I.
Life is raw. A handle of tripe and metal.
I fall into it: a wounded stone embryo.
Life is raw and hard. Like a mouthful of viper.
I eat it on my pale tongue
Ink, I wash your forearms, Life, I wash myself
In the scant narrowness
Of my body, I wash the bone rafters, my life,
Your leaden nail, my rouge coat.
And we wander well-heeled the streets,
Crimson, gothic, tall bodies and glasses.
Life is raw. Ravenous like the crow’s beak.
And it can be so giving and mythic: a brook, a tear,
An eddy in the water, a drink. Life is liquid.


I.
É crua a vida. Alça de tripa e metal.
Nela despenco: pedra mórula ferida.
É crua e dura a vida. Como um naco de víbora.
Como-a no livor da língua
Tinta, lavo-te os antebraços, Vida, lavo-me
No estreito-pouco
Do meu corpo, lavo as vigas dos ossos, minha vida
Tua unha plúmbea, meu casaco rosso.
E perambulamos de coturno pela rua
Rubras, góticas, altas de corpo e copos.
A vida é crua. Faminta como o bico dos corvos.
E pode ser tão generosa e mítica: arroio, lágrima
Olho d’água, bebida. A vida é líquida.

1 comment: