Saturday, February 24, 2007

Hilda Hilst: Amavisse



As if I were losing you-- that is how I want you.
As if I didn’t see you (golden broadbeans
Beneath the yellow)-- that is how I catch you brusque
Fixed, and I breathe you in whole

A rainbow of air in deep waters.

As if you allowed me everything else,
I photograph myself in iron gates
Ochre, tall, and I, diluted and small
In the rakishness of every farewell.

As if I lost you in the trains, in the stations
Or going around in a circle of water
A removing bird, that is how I add you to me:
Flooded by networks and yearnings.

*

Como se te perdesse, assim te quero.
Como se não te visse (favas douradas
Sob um amarelo) assim te apreendo brusco
Inamovível, e te respiro inteiro

Um arco-íris de ar em águas profundas.

Como se tudo o mais me permitisses,
A mim me fotografo nuns portões de ferro
Ocres, altos, e eu mesma diluída e mínima
No dissoluto de toda despedida.

Como se te perdesse nos trens, nas estações
Ou contornando um círculo de águas
Removente ave, assim te somo a mim:
De redes e de anseios inundada.



No comments: